Meet Dr Silvia Pignata
Head Business Consultant Silvia Pignata is a Lecturer in Aviation and the former Program Director of the Human Factors and Safety Management Systems and Occupational Health and Safety programs (Master’s degrees, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates) in the School of Engineering at the University of South Australia.
Her background in reviewing workers’ compensation claims within the human resource management industry introduced her to representatives from Work, Health and Safety; medical and rehabilitation professionals; legal practitioners; and union representatives. This role helped to develop her interest in psychological injury and the prevention of work stress. Silvia completed her PhD research on organisational stress interventions. Her research interests include: the impact of HR interventions to improve employee well-being and work attitudes; the psychosocial aspects of occupational health and safety; the management of risk; the interaction of people and socio-technical systems within the work environment; and sleep research. Silvia’s reputation and experience can help boost your company, no matter how large or small.
- Member, Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Certified Professional, Australian Human Resources Institute (CAHRI)
- Member, Stress and Anxiety Research Society
- Member, Australian Aviation Psychology Association (AAvPA)
- Member, Human Factors and Ergonomic Society of Australia inc. (HFESA)
- Associate Member, Australasian Sleep Association (ASA)
- Safety Institute of Australia (SIA)
- Doctor of Philosophy University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Hons) University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Psychology University of South Australia